Chili and Cumin Rubbed Pork Chops
Pork Chops Worthy of a Conversation At Home!
Chili and cumin rubbed pork chops.
The Most Important Question You Answer Every Day: What’s For Dinner!
What is the one question you answer every day that has a profound impact on your life, health and well-being, at home and at work?
“What’s for dinner?”!
Are you surprised?
Think about it.
The choices you make about the evening meal, what to eat, where to eat, who to eat with, all impact your health, how happy you are and how good you feel about life.
Cooking at home gives you control over the food you eat. Do you enjoy spicy spaghetti sauce? Throw some crushed red pepper into your into your sauce. This is the true meaning of have it your way!
People Who Frequently Cook Are Healthier
Researchers at Johns Hopkins University have found that those who frequently cook at home eat healthier and consume fewer calories.
But beyond food we all come to the table hungry for something more – a craving for connection and community. We fly out of our homes in the morning, each person swooping off in their own direction. Without a closing of the loop in the evening where we connect with family and friends, we feel disconnected.
Dr. Matthias Mehl, a psychologist at the University of Arizona, has determined that it’s through meaningful conversation that we impose order in an otherwise chaotic world. This interaction is the core foundation of happiness.
There’s no better place than the private space of a home dining table to engage in conversation.
Chili and Cumin Rubbed Pork Chops Deliver Knock Your Socks Off Flavor
Make time for the table this week. Plan a meal that is quick yet delivers knock-your-socks-off flavor.
One dish that I often turn to is pork chops pan-seared with two of my favorite spices, cumin and chili powder. They are finished in the oven with fresh garlic. A garnish of lime juice and lime zest add a pop of flavor.
Don’t wonder what’s for dinner. Give these pork chops a try!
Try a shredded carrot salad as a side to flavorful chops.Print
These delicious Chili and Cumin Rubbed Pork Chops begin on the stove and finish in the oven. The southwest flavor combination is delightful and satisfying. It’s a dish that is quick enough for a delicious weeknight meal, and makes a beautiful presentation for company.
- 1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 1/2-inch boneless pork loin chops
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 limes, zested (reserve the zested limes)
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, kosher salt, and pepper.
- Rub the spice mixture on both sides of each pork chop.
- Heat a skillet over high heat. When skillet is hot, add just enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the pork chops and reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides, 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top of the pork chops and roast the chops in the oven for 10 minutes, or until chops reach a temperature of 145.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and plate the pork chops.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime juice, 1/2 lime for each chop, the lime zest, and the chopped cilantro.