How To Perfectly Boil An Egg
How to perfectly boil an egg.
Every time I eat an egg those words roll through my mind.
Eggs Are A Powerhouse of Nutrition
That’s because eggs are a powerhouse of nutrition. Although vilified for years, science is now coming back to where we started – recognizing the marvelous health benefits packed in the shell of a chicken egg.
When it comes to cooking an egg, who hasn’t suffered the sulfuric stink and unsightly green ring on the yolk and white of an overdone boiled egg?
Oh, the beautiful egg – one of the most economical and versatile foods, but for many, boiling the perfect egg is a guessing game.
So how do you perfectly boil an egg?
Directions For How To Perfectly Boil An Egg
- Gently place your eggs in a pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once the water has begun to boil, turn off the heat and cover the pan.
- Let the eggs sit covered for nine minutes.
- Once time is up don’t delay – move the eggs into an ice water bath. It seems that a cooler egg is definitely a bit easier to peel.
- Gently tap the boiled egg to crack the shell.
This will produce a boiled egg with a fully cooked yolk.
For a less firm yolk, reduce the amount of time the egg sits in the hot water by 1-2 minutes until you determine your preference for egg yolk perfection.
Fresh eggs are more challenging to peel because they are more tightly bonded to their shell, but don’t despair.
Even a boiled egg with a few pock-marks on the white taste just as delicious.
What can you do with a beautifully boiled egg? Lots!
Stay tuned for my next post!