Pound cake is like an true-blue friend, always there, always welcoming. Go glamorous with by adding fresh fruit, powdered sugar, or whipped cream. Or all three!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350.
- Combine sugar and butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
- Continue beating, adding eggs one at a time until well mixed.
- Add sour cream, milk, and vanilla.
- Continue beating, scraping the bowl often, until well mixed.
- Reduce speed to low. Add flour and salt; beat until just moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured bundt or loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Once cooled, cut into slices. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, fresh fruit, spiced oranges.
- Optional: Top with whipped cream.
Try zesting a couple of lemons and adding the zest plus 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice to the batter for a tasty variation.
This recipe is based on a recipe from a Land-O-Lakes butter carton and I’ve used it for years!