- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, minced
- 4 large oranges
- fresh mint
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer. When sugar has dissolved, add raisins, lemon juice, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger.
- Continue to simmer over medium heat about 10 minutes.
- Section the membranes from the fruit and arrange on a platter.
- Pour the raisin mixture over the oranges.
- Garnish with fresh mint.