Try this fun way to incorporate more of the wonderfulness that is zucchini into your weeknight cooking!
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- olive oil
- Place the shredded zucchini in the center of a kitchen towel. Gather the edges of the towel together to form a ball with the zucchini. Move to the sink or place a bowl underneath, and twist the towel to wring the water from the zucchini. You should end up with about 2 cups of shredded zucchini at the end of this process.
- After wringing the moisture from it, place the zucchini in a bowl followed by the remaining ingredients except the eggs, and mix together.
- Add the eggs and stir until the mixture is evenly moistened.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Once the pan is heated, add just enough oil to the pan so that it will reach about 1/2 way up the sides of the zucchini fritters.
- Drop the zucchini fritters into the hot oil and press lightly to flatten. Fry until the fritter is golden brown on one side, 2-3 minutes or so, then turn, and fry on the other side.
- Remove the fritters from the frying pan and drain on paper towels.