Zabaglione has luxurious feel to it but is surprisingly easy to make at home. Give zabaglione a try. It’s a delightful culinary journey that will leave you and your guests craving for more.
- 4 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Marsala
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup of fresh fruit per person
- sliced almonds, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until foamy.
- Whisk in the sugar.
- Whisk in the Marsala
- Set the bowl over simmering (not boiling) water.
- Whisk vigorously and continuously until the mixture thickens and greatly expands its volume.
- You’ll know it’s done when the mixture leaves a “ribbon” on top of the custard when the whisk is lifted from the bowl.
- Serve warm over fresh-cut fruit and topped with the toasted almonds.
- Adjust your heat so that the water always maintains a gentle simmer.
- The mixture will curdle if it gets too hot. Remove the bowl from above the simmering water to cool it down.
- Don’t stop whisking once the process begins or your eggs will burn or curdle. It’s a commitment once you begin, but, oh, so worth the effort.