This Sweet Potato and Poblano Gratin will delight your family and friends. It’s time to embrace this reimagining of the ooey gooey sweet potato casserole!
- 3 cups thinly sliced sweet potato rounds
- 2 cups thinly sliced gold potatoes
- 3 poblano peppers, roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups shredded smoked mozzarella cheese, reserve 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup green onions, white and green parts, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375˚ F.
- Mix together the kosher salt, cayenne pepper, and white pepper. Set aside.
- In a small casserole dish, place a layer of 1 cup of the sweet potatoes followed by 1 cup of the gold potatoes.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the kosher salt mixture on top of the potato layer.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the minced garlic cloves on top of this.
- Follow this with 1/2 of the Swiss cheese and 1/2 of the mozzarella.
- Repeat this layering 1 additional time.
- Finish with a layer of the remaining 1 cup of the sweet potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining kosher salt mixture on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Sprinkle the green onions on top of the final layer of sweet potatoes.
- End with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella.
- Pour the cream over the top.
- Bake 20-40 minutes or until bubbly and browned around the edges.
- Place under a broiler to brown the top if desired.
Smoked mozzarella gives this casserole an especially delicious favor. Use it when you can. When you can’t find it, plain ole mozzarella is just as good.
- Serving Size: 1 Square
- Calories: 401
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 547.7 mg
- Fat: 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 13 g
- Trans Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.3 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 24.6 g
- Cholesterol: 71.4 mg