This recipe will forever change how you think of this much-maligned vegetable. Banish forever your mushy, bitter memories. This recipe produces a delightful and delicious vegetable.
- 1 qt Brussels sprouts, ends removed and quartered
- 3 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces
- lemon juice
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- Fry the bacon in a cast iron skillet.
- Once browned, remove the bacon reserving the grease.
- Add the quartered Brussels sprouts to the hot pan with the bacon grease. Add additional olive oil if needed to the skillet.
- Dust lightly with kosher salt.
- Sauté over medium-high heat until browned.
- Remove from the skillet to mixing bowl.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the sprouts.
- Taste and season again if needed.
- Garnish with the bacon.