Nothing screams spring like fresh asparagus. Roasted asparagus cooks in a flash and is easy to prep. It makes an elegant presentation, and looks like you slaved in the kitchen (not!).
- 1 bundle of asparagus
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- Himalayan salt
- Heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Take one asparagus and bend the stalk until it snaps. Discard the end that snaps. Repeat with each asparagus or just take your knife and remove the woody ends from the rest of the asparagus using the snapped asparagus as your guide.
- Lightly drizzle some olive oil on a sheet tray that is large enough to hold your bundle of asapargus in a single layer.
- Lay the asparagus on the tray and gently roll the stalks to coat them in the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light dusting of kosher salt.
- Place in heated oven for 5 minutes. Check after 5 minutes.
- If you’re stalks are thin, this may be all the heat they need. They should be tender, and bright green.
- Set for an additional 5 minutes, if they aren’t quite tender. Watch the time carefully as they will over-roast in a flash.
- Remove from the oven and plate. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Garnish with the zest of the lemon and Himalayan salt.
- Calories: 13.18 kcal
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 77.78 mg
- Fat: 0.54 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.07 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.86 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.41 g