- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 firm Bosc pears, cored and quartered
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 oz. bleu cheese
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- Melt unsalted butter in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the pear quarters to the skillet, cut side down.
- As the pears cook, flip the pear quarters from side-to-side so that they brown evenly.
- As the butter begins to brown, drizzle the pears with honey.
- Swirl the pan to distribute the butter and honey evenly.
- Add a bit of water to the pan, if the caramel begins to darken before the pears are tender.
- Arrange cooked pears on a serving platter.
- Pour caramel sauce over the top of the pears.
- Top the pears with the bleu cheese and pine nuts.