This is a super simple glaze that will fill your home with aromas while it cooks and delight your guests at the table. Leftovers will be magical.
- 8–10 pound ham, spiral sliced
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon cloves, ground
- zest from 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the glaze. Set aside.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan with rack, meat side down. Add just enough water to the roasting pan to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Brush the ham with 1/2 of the glaze.
- Tent the ham with a piece of foil. Place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the remaining glaze.
- Return to the oven uncovered for another 30-45 minutes until the ham reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees, and the glaze has caramelized.