This is a fun and delicious way to get the nutritious benefits of oats. The taste is light and not overpowering. Call me crazy, but the next time I make these, I’m going to add a bit of rosemary for delightful twist.
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat oven to 350˚ F.
- In a large bowl beat butter, honey, and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour, rolled oats, sesame seed and salt.
- Mix well.
- Press in an uncreased 13×7-inch pan.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
With all the butter in these bars, it’s best to keep them in the fridge.