Add grilled carrots to your backyard grilling repertoire. Slather these charred beauties with basil pesto to elevate them to rock star status.
- 1 lb fresh carrots, washed
- basil pesto
- olive oil
- kosher salt
- Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Place the carrots on a sheet tray and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roll the carrots in the olive oil to ensure they are well-coated.
- Grill the carrots until nicely charred, but not burned. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove the carrots to a serving platter.
- Drizzle with basil pesto.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.