Plant-based eating never tasted so good! This vegan wrap will make you stand up and do the happy dance. It’s super simple and inexpensive.
- 8 oz. 5-grain tempeh
- 4 sprouted grain tortillas or wraps
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- pinch of salt pepper
Cashew Yogurt Tzatziki
- 1 cup cashew yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber, water squeezed out
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- spring mix greens
- red onion
- Steam the tempeh for 15 minutes. When it’s cooled enough to handle, cut into 8 slices.
- While the tempeh is steaming combine the ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the tempeh once it has been sliced.
- Marinate for a minimum of two hours and as long as overnight.
- Combine the ingredients for the Tzatziki sauce.
- Allow the sauce to sit as long as possible in advance, and even overnight, as the flavors develop the longer it sits.
- To cook the tempeh, heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add enough oil just to coat the bottom. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Add the tempeh slices to the skillet. Brown the tempeh on all four sides, about 1-1/2 minutes each side, depending on the heat of your skillet.
- Remove to a paper towel to cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, assemble the wrap by placing a tablespoon of Tzatziki sauce on the wrap, followed by the tempeh, and any other ingredients you would like to include in the wrap, e.g., spring mix greens, tomatoes, red onion, etc. Roll the wrap and fold in the sides.
- Slice in half to serve.
- Calories: cal