You’ll love the crispy, tasty goodness of these Tex-Mex-style nachos with a Greek twist! It comes together in a snap. Try it today.
- 4 pita pockets or flour tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup marinated protein
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons mint, chiffonade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh chopped mint for garnish
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup English cucumber, grated, water squeezed out
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Additional olive oil for sautéing the chicken
Marinate the Chicken
- Place your protein in a gallon-sized re-closable bag or other container.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the protein.
- Marinate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Make the Pita Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Arrange the pita or tortilla wedges in a single layer on a sheet tray.
- Using a pastry brush, brush each wedge lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and turn them over.
- Bake for another 5 minutes. Wedges should be browning and crisping. If they need more time, return them to the oven and bake another 2 minutes. Repeat this process until the wedges have browned and are crisp.
- Remove the sheet tray from the oven. The chips can remain on the sheet tray until you are ready to assemble the nachos. Or they can be made a day ahead, cooled, and then stored in an airtight container.
Make the Tzatziki Sauce
- Combine the ingredients for the tzatziki sauce in a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with kosher salt as needed.
Sauté the Protein
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add just enough olive oil so that when you swirl it, it will coat the bottom of the skillet
- Add your protein and sauté until brown.
Assemble the Nachos
- Arrange the pita (or flour tortilla) chips on a serving platter (or leave them on the sheet tray!).
- Spoon a bit of the tzatziki sauce over the chips.
- Layer the tomatoes, black olives, and red onion over the top of the sauce.
- Add the cubed chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top of the chicken
- Garnish with the mint.
Want to go vegetarian or vegan? Substitute cashew yogurt for the dairy yogurt and 5-grain tempeh for the chicken.
Use a clean kitchen towel to ring the water from the grated cucumber.